Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vegan Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge

                        Vegan Cake Batter 
                      White Chocolate Fudge
             Makes 36 pieces of fudge (123 calories per piece)

Ok I'm pretty proud of this one because this is my first successful veganaization of a non-vegan recipe. Todd came home from work telling me his co-worker made cake batter fudge and I was like "What! I have to make this!". What can I say the big girl in me still loves cake batter anything! I went online and did some research on how to veganize this recipe. I simply just substituted earth balance buttery baking sticks instead of butter and soy milk instead of dairy milk. I also did some research and found out that most Duncan Hines cakes mixes are vegan. I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow can mix instead of the Betty Crocker mix. I had to go to a local vegan store to get the soy white chocolate chips but you can also find them online or at a local specialty market. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because I have never made fudge before let alone vegan fudge. Todd tried it and said it tasted like the dairy version. So try this version out and let me know what you think.




2 Cups + 2 Tablespoons Duncan Hines Classic Yellow cake mix (white works too).
2 Cups Powdered Sugar ( I used O Organics brand)
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Earth Balance Butter
1/4 Cup Soymilk
2/3 Cup Soy White Chocolate Chips 
1/2 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles


  1. Spray 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray or lightly grease with canola oil. Set aside.
  2. Mix together cake mix + powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add soymilk + earth balance butter (do not stir them in) and microwave for 2 minutes. Once done, immediately begin mixing everything together. The batter will be very thick. Fold in white chocolate + sprinkles. Stir gently. You do not want the sprinkles to leak their color too much!
  3. Spoon into prepared baking pan, making sure it is level and smooth at the top. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy. *Store in fridge just before serving.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delish. Unfortunately, I'm sugar free:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked online. There are some pretty good looking sugar free fudge recipes to try out. =).

    ReplyDelete

If you are a guest click on Name/Url under the Comment As button. You can leave the Url blank if you want.